Bankruptcy and Term Limits go Together

Posted by Wesley Scott on September 21, 2020 at 3:35 PM
Wesley Scott

what happens when you file bankruptcy - chapter 7 exemptions You might be reading this title and thinking, what does bankruptcy and term limits have to do with each other? Whether you identify as a republican, democrat, independent, or any other party have you ever wondered how it is that someone could be in Congress for 30 years? Our government was supposed to be a government by the people, of the people, for the people. In other words, our government was supposed to be a citizenry government. 

Regardless of party, people who run for office often become entrenched and desire to hold onto to power. And how do you hold onto power? You build up a huge war chest of money so you can combat any challenge to your power. And where is the deepest well of money? Big corporations and the wealthiest 1%. Are you a big corporation or the wealthiest 1%? Too often those who become entrenched in Washington do so with the help of big money. That results in policies and laws that support big corporations and the wealthiest 1% not you or I. 

This is exactly how we ended up with the “Bankruptcy Reform Bill” in 2005. Even Joe Biden voted for this disastrous bill that devastated the middle class and was a huge give away to big corporations and the wealthiest 1%. And how did this happen? Congress is beholden to their big money donors and the rest of us get screwed. America desperately needs term limits for all offices even including the Supreme Court. Our government is no longer of the people but of people entrenched in Washington beholden to big corporations and the wealthiest 1% and the rest of us, the 99% are screwed. 

Call Now for a Free Strategy Session from a MN Bankruptcy Lawyer at/from Kain & Scott

When the time is right, or when you are ready to get your life back, reach out to Minnesota’s bankruptcy law firm at www.kainscott.com. You will be so glad you did.